Sunday, March 13, 2011

What is everyday life like? What is the quality of life?

It's hard having to deal with disease as there is no cure for it. Johnathan, a young boy suffering with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, takes Deflazacort, a steroid based medication to help his weak muscle strength. He also takes many pills such as vitamin D and calcium to keep his bones strong. His family must have a house that supports his problem, so they put elevators in the house. They must make sure the school he goes to can support his disease. He gets around by using his wheelchair.

1 comment:

  1. Please give Johnathan my condolences. I am writing a paper for my Honors Biology Class about the affects of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and how they impact everyday life. Johnathan is in my prayers along with my family and everyone who reads my report.

    ReplyDelete